No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake- Light creamy delicious no bake cheesecake topped with sweet blueberry compote.
What i love about this dessert is, it is simply to make, delicious and best of all no baking is involved.
My no bake cheesecake starts off with a mixture of crushed digestive biscuits, melted butter and brown sugar for the crust. For the filling I mixed mascarpone cheese, cream cheese and freshly whipped cream. I love the rich flavour mascarpone adds cheesecake. Pour the filling into the crust and leave to set in the fridge for four hours or overnight. Before you serve you can whip up the bluberry compote. The blueberry compote is also simple and easy to make. All you need for this delicious sauce is some blueberries, juice from a fresh lemon, sugar, water and corn flour. The blueberry compote totally pairs with the rich and creamy cheesecake.
Perfect for a dinner party or any special occasion. I love how effortless making this cheesecake is . It is definitely a crowd pleaser and will have everyone thinking you spent hours making it .
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- crushed digestive biscuits
- melted butter
- light brown sugar
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temp
- (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, room temp
- (⅓ cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- (1½ cup) whipping cream
- 300 (2 cups) blueberries
- 1 lemon juiced
- 180 ml (¾ cup) water
- 120 grams (½ cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- In a bowl combine digestive crumbs, melted butter and light brown sugar until crumbs are moist. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and a little up the sides of a 20cm loose bottom or springform tin. Chill in fridge whilst preparing filling.
- Beat together mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. Whip cream in bowl of stand mixer until stiff peaks form and then gently fold in cheese mixture. Pour filling onto biscuit crust and smooth over top with spatula. Cover and put in fridge to chill for 4 hours or overnight
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornflour in 60 ml (¼ cup) of water and set aside
- Combine blueberries, 120 ml (½cup) water, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring gently until sauce reaches a boil.
- Turn down the heat and add the cornflour mixture and stir gently until sauce thickens
- Loosen edges of tin and press up from base removing cheesecake with a spatula. Spoon on top of cheesecake cooled blueberry mixture.