Individual No Bake Marshmallow Cheesecakes- Crushed biscuits topped with light and fluffy no bake marshmallow cheesecake. A delicious yet easy dessert to serve at barbecues and picnics on hot summer days.
Happy Saturday everyone. The sun is out, it is hot and I am loving it. School summer holidays have began, 6 weeks of having children home. Let me take a deep breath. lol. Before my daughter’s school broke up they had family fun day. Lots of food, games and raffles. Last year I had a cake stall at the fun day and missed out on lots of fun. This year I made some strawberry and marshmallow kebabs and dropped them off with the school staff. I deserve some excitement too. 🙂
My daughter has been on my case to make her cheesecake for a long time. All I hear when I pick her up from school is mummy did you make the cheesecake. After about 4 days of repeatedly hearing that chorus I gave in. Esme came up with the idea of adding marshmallows to the cheesecake. I already had some marshmallows left over, all I needed to get was some mascarpone and cream cheese and we were good to go. After dropping her off at school, I started off making this no bake cheesecake.
The no bake cheesecake began with a layer of crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter. After layering the crushed biscuits in glasses, it was left to chill in the fridge whilst the cheesecake filling was prepared. The filling was a combination of whipped mascarpone and cream cheese, sugar, melted marshmallow and marshmallow fluff and finally stiffly whipped cream folded in. Yummy right!!!! It is really is nice to make a dessert that doesn’t take much time. Plus no cooking time involved. All you need to do is prep and chill the cheesecake.
Once the no bake marshmallow cheesecake sets top with mini marshmallow and enjoy. With each mouthful of this light and fluffy cheesecake you get the subtle flavour of marshmallows. It is an absolute delightful dessert.
Stay up to date with Bakes by ChiChi on:
or you can subscribe to my weekly newsletter
Individual No Bake Marshmallow Cheesecakes
- 250 (9 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 125 (4 ounces) cream cheese
- 50 grams (¼ cup) sugar
- 120 ml (½ cup) whipping or heavy cream
- 200 grams (7 ounces) marshmallows
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) marshmallow fluff
- 100 grams (1 cup) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix together digestive biscuit crumbs and butter then press 25 g (¼ cup) into the bottom of glasses. Chill in fridge whilst you prepare cheesecake filling.
- Place marshmallow is a big microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second bursts until melted.
- Beat together mascarpone cheese, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Stir in melted marshmallow and marshmallow fluff. Mixture may be a little lumpy.
- Whip cream in bowl of stand mixer until stiff peaks form and then gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Pour filling onto cookie base and smooth over top with spatula. Cover and put in fridge to chill for 4 hours or overnight.