The ultimate chocolatey hot chocolate. Make this indulgent comforting drink using dark chocolate, white chocolate, vanilla syrup, milk and double cream.
Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!!!! Hope everyone had a good one. I am currently recovering from Christmas day. After hours of cooking, baking and serving and then the clean up, there is not more relaxing than curling up in the sofa with a cup of something indulgent and sweet. This is where my deluxe hot chocolate comes in. It a drink to chillax to and treat yourself to. Sip it whilst watching a movie or listening to some of your favourite tunes.
Ever since I discovered how easy it was to make my own hot chocolate, I make it all the time. What I love about homemade hot chocolate is that you can add your own twists. You want a shot of booze, add it, some spice add it, some chilli maybe, add it. The additions are endless. This recipe I am sharing is pretty simple to make. To make it use good quality chocolate you enjoy eating with at least 35% cocoa content . I use a combination of white and dark chocolate. With semi skimmed milk , cream and finally vanilla syrup. Also you can use whatever type of milk you like.This deluxe hot chocolate is nothing short of fantastic and all so comforting.
I kept mine child friendly, but hey don’t let that stop you from adding your twists. For the adult version you can add a shot of brandy, or my favourite baileys. That’s what I love about making my own drinks, it can be adapted to suit you.
Stay up to date with Bakes by ChiChi on:
or you can subscribe to my weekly newsletter
Homemade Deluxe Hot Chocolate
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces ) milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces ) white chocolate, chopped
- 480 ml (2 cups) full fat or semi skimmed milk
- 120 ml (½ cup) double cream
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vanilla syrup
- Stir together chopped milk or dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk in a saucepan. Cook over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the hot chocolate comes to a simmer. (Do not let it come to a boil.)
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.