Mocha Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are soft, fudgy and chocolatey. Made with chocolate pudding mix, cocoa powder, a combination chocolate chips and chunks these cookies are delicious and packed full of chocolatey flavour.
If there was ever a cookie that tasted like a chocolate cake but giving cookie vibes then it’s Mocha Chocolate Chip cookies. And the secret to this is the addition of chocolate pudding mix.
Pudding mix is usually used on it’s own for a quick dessert or in pies. Years ago I saw a cookie recipe and I just knew I had to make it. And I was not disappointed.
The cookies are soft, fudgy and stay soft for days.
Let's get into the details of this Mocha Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
The key ingredients for these cookies are:
Chocolate pudding mix. I use the Jello brand. The pudding mix keeps the cookies super soft and moist. Just add the dry instant pudding mix to the cookie batter.
Brown sugar stops the cookies from spreading thin and adds flavour.
Coffee Extract enhances the flavour of the chocolate. You can also use instant coffee or espresso powder.
Tips for making Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Use a scale to measure out your ingredients correctly.
Cream your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This creates air pockets and help make the cookies thick and chewy.
Use a mixture of milk and dark chocolate to balance out the flavours.
For more cookie recipes check these out:
- 240 grams (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract or 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding mix
- 30 grams (¼ cup) cocoa powder
- 240 grams (2 cups) plain or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips or chunks
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at time, mixing well until combined. Scrapping sides as needed. Add coffee extract.
- Add pudding mix and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Sift flour and baking soda into mixture. Mix until combined on low speed. Fold in chocolate chips.°
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C Fan/180°C/350°F. Line 2 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and allow to soften for 10 minutes. Scoop 3 tablespoons of dough and roll into balls and place on parchment paper leaving 2 inches between cookies. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Centre of cookies may look slightly under cooked. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes , then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container for up to 1 week. Wrap cookies well and freeze, they can be frozen for up to 6 months.