This amazing Strawberry Basil Daiquiri is a simple yet delicious cocktail loaded with lots of strawberries, fresh lime juice, basil syrup and spiked with just the right amount of white rum.
I am not ready to let go off summer. Although life isn’t back to normal, I still had a good time. Filled with lots of good food and drink, like this delicious frozen strawberry daiquiri.
What is a Daiquiri?
Daiquiri is a cocktail made with white rum, fresh lime juice and a homemade simple syrup. It should have a nice balance of sweet and sour and can be adjusted to suit your personal taste. You can vary this cocktail by adding flavours like fruit. Like what I did with mine.
What you need for the Frozen Strawberry Basil Daiquiri
Strawberries– You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries. I have made this cocktail many times with either and they are both refreshing and delicious. It is simply down to preference and what you have available.
White Rum– My rum of choice is Wray & Nephew Overproof. If you want a Daiquiri that packs a punch, then grab that rum. The spirit delivers a long and strong finish with slight notes of molasses and spice. Other popular white rums that you can use are Havana or Barcardi.
Basil Simple Syrup- It is great for cocktails and gives lots of flavour. To make it, combine water and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Add in basil leaves and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain leaves into a sterilised glass jars and then let cool. This can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Fresh Lime Juice– This is essential for a true daiquiri.
You can make it a mocktail by swapping the rum for apple or white grape juice. The flavours from the juice add an extra layer of flavour to the cocktail.
How to make Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
There are two ways to making this cocktail.
Method 1- Fresh strawberries– For this you will need an ice cream maker and which you will need to be place in the freezer overnight. Once you are ready to make the cocktail, puree all your ingredients and then pour into your ice cream maker. Churn until you have a slushy consistency. This can also be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
Method 2- Frozen strawberries- For this you will need a powerful blender or a smoother maker. Place all the ingredients in the blender, blitz and then serve.
For more delicious cocktails, check out these recipes:
White Wine Ginger Sangria
Mango Mojito Sorbet Floats
Mixed Berry Sorbet and Prosecco
Watermelon Strawberry Rosé Sangria
If you make this please share a photo with me by tagging @bakesbychichi on Instagram. I would love to see them ❤
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 400 grams (14 ounces) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 125 ml (½ cup) white rum
- 4-6 limes, juiced
- 100 grams (½ cup) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 10 basil leaves
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add in basil leaves and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain leaves into a sterilised glass jars and then leave to cool.
- Place a sieve over a sterilised glass jar and pour the syrup through it. Leave to cool and then use.
- Method 1 : Freeze the bowl of your ice cream maker overnight.Place the fresh strawberries, cooled basil syrup, lime juice and white rum to a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Taste to check that the balance of sweet and sour is okay. Pour the mixture into your chilled ice cream maker and churn until the cocktail reaches a slushy consistency according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- Method 2 : Place the frozen strawberries, cooled basil syrup, lime juice and white rum in a blender, blitz. Taste to check that the balance of sweet and sour is okay and then serve.
Leave a Reply