This Strawberry Marshmallow mousse is light and creamy. Made with fresh strawberries, marshmallows, and cream this dessert comes together easily. It a delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
The day of love is almost here and if you are in need of a super easy dessert, I have one for you.
This strawberry marshmallow mousse is a dessert for the entire family to enjoy. It’s creamy, delicious and light.
Let's get into the making of this Strawberry Marshmallow Mousse
For this mousse you will need:
- Strawberries– fresh berries give the mousse it flavour
- Sugar- Used to sweeten the strawberries and helps it release a delicate syrup.
- Marshmallow Fluff or Mini Marshmallows- makes the mousse light and helps set the mousse as well.
- Whipping or Heavy Cream- creates a light and airy mousse, without the use of any eggs.
Making the Strawberry Marshmallow Mousse
Begin my adding chopped and hulled strawberries to a bowl with sugar. Gently mix through sugar. Leave the berries uncovered at room temperature for 1 hour. Doing this helps the sugar to dissolve and releases delicious juices.
Place the strawberries with its juices in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree using an immersion blender or regular blender. Stir in mini marshmallows or fluff until melted. Leave the strawberry mixture to cool.
Now, whip the cream until it holds soft peaks. Then gently fold into the strawberry mixture. *Tip*– Chill the mixing bowl and beater the fridge an hour before whipping the cream. Doing this will help speed things up, makes the whipped cream light and airy while holding it’s shape.
Now gently fold the cream into the strawberry mixture. Be careful not to deflate the cream or you won’t get a light and airy mousee.
Then divide the mouse between individual jars or ramekins and chill until set. You top the mousse with sliced strawberries.
This mouse has the delightful flavours of strawberry and marshmallow. Its texture is light and airy making it perfect for an after dinner dessert.
For more desserts, check these out
- 280 grams (10 ounces) strawberries
- 3 teaspoomns granulated or caster sugar
- 112 grams (4 ounces) marshmallows or marshmallow fluff
- 240 ml (1 cup) whipping or heavy cream, cold
- Place strawberries in a saucepan, add sugar and mix together. Leave uncovered for an hour or until berries release a delicate syrup.
- Cook strawberries on medium heat until soft enough to mash, about 3- 5 minutes. Remove from heat . Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree until smooth,
- Stir in marshmallows into pureed strawberries and mix until melted. Leave to cool.
- Whip cream until it holds soft peaks. Fold cream into strawberry mixture.
- Spoon into serving dishes, then top with a cut strawberry if desired.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 2 hours or until set.