These funfetti cake mix cookies are soft baked, filled with delicious cake flavour and require no chill time.
Hello everyone!! I cannot believe it’s been a year since I shared a new recipe on this blog. Let me rectify that by sharing this easy delicous funfetti cake mix cookie recipe which has been on my to do list for a very long time.
Cookies are my weakness. When I think of a treat, my brain goes straight to cookies or biscuits. I am always trailing the interwebs for new cookie recipes to try.. It was there I found this recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction. Cookies made with cake mix, interesting. I knew I had to try it as I am such a fun of adding a twist to cookies.
You can make these cookies with any cake mix. These were made with funfetti cake mix as it’s fun (the clue is in the name), colourful and just oozing with happiness. To give the cookies the love factor I added some red and pink heart sprinkles.
Now let’s talk about the recipe. The cookies contain the usual ingredients, plain flour, room temperature butter, brown sugar, caster sugar, baking soda, salt, egg and the all important funfetti cake mix.
If you haven’t got caster sugar readily available, you can use granulated sugar. Caster sugar is slightly finer than granulated sugar and dissolves more easily. Using granaulated doesn’t affect the taste of the cookies, so it is perfectly fine to swap.
Light or dark brown sugar can be used. Both sugars add a deep flavour to the cookies. The darker the sugar the more flavour the cookies will have. I use light brown sugar because I simply prefer it.
Make these cookies for your Valentine.
P.S: If you are a cookie lover like me, check out the other cookies recipes on the blog like these Soft Baked Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookies .
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 190 grams funfetti cake mix
- 160 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180 grams unsalted butter, room temp
- 100 grams light brown sugar
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 50 grams funfetti or sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl whisk together funfetti cake mix, plain flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of stand mixer beat butter , vanilla extract and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg , mixing well until combined. Scrap sides as needed.
- Add the flour mixture into butter. Mix until combined on low speed.
- Mix in funfetti.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. Roll 1 tablespoon (or small ice cream scoop) of dough into round balls. Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake dough for 10 -12 minutes, rotating half way through baking. The sides of cookies will look golden brown and centres soft.
- Remove from oven. Leave to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing cookies. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply