Simple fluffy American style pancakes with an extra special cinnamon twist.
American style cinnamon pancakes make a special birthday breakfast. These cinnamon pancakes are just tasty. The addition of cinnamon just give a spiced taste to this simple recipe. For my birthday over the weekend i thought i would treat myself and family to these extra delicious cinnamon pancakes. The flavour of this pancake is just awesome.
I must confess I had a ball over the weekend. My Mr. did a fantastic job of organizing my birthday. This has got to be one of the best birthday’s I’ve had. Celebrations started Friday night as my birthday fell on Saturday. The night had so many surprises. The biggest being how I got tricked into making my own cake; lol. That’s a story for another day. My lovely friends surprised me with a birthday present of Nikon macro lens. I did a squeal and dance when i opened my present. I love the lens, been eyeing them for months. Now there is the small problem of learning how to use it.
The morning after the night before and these American Style Pancakes just added a special touch to an already fantastic weekend.
American Style Cinnamon Pancakes with Maple Syrup
- 200 grams (1⅔ cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 300 ml (1⅓ cup) milk, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together to combine. In a jug whisk together egg, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the milk mixture gradually, gently whisking the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan and melt some butter in it. Scoop about a ladle's full of batter and drop in frying pan. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until bubbles begin to form on surface, the flip over and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Keep each batch warm in oven whilst frying up rest of batter. Sever pancakes with maple syrup and mascarpone cheese.