Delicious and packed with nutrients this Pomegranate Banana Yogurt Smoothie is a wonderful drink to start the day.
So 10 days into the new year I am now starting my healthy eating resolutions. Shame on me!!! Well it’s better late than never. I decided to kick start with this Pomegranate Banana smoothie. It’s so delicious and creamy.
This simple smoothie recipe contains pomegranates which is a great source of antioxidants and vitamin c , banana which is potassium rich contains fiber, low fat yogurt and honey to sweeten .
Blend all these ingredients together and serve. It’s that simple. With pomegranates being in season and banana always readily available this smoothie is a great way to kick start any day. Have it for breakfast or even after a work out.
Pomegranate Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- 360 ml (1½ cup ) pomegranate juice, chilled
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 240 (1 cup) low fat , almond or soya yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, to sweeten (optional)
- pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Combine pomegranate juice, bananas, low fat yogurt and honey in a blender and process in the until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with pomegranate seeds.