Bright, vibrant delicious mango blueberry soy smoothie. Packed with nutrients this smoothie is a great way to start the day or have as a post workout drink.
We are 8 days into the new year and I have come to the realisation that I need to kick start my healthy eating January. Hmmm!! So I decided to slowly ease myself in my making this mango blueberry soy smoothie for breakfast. It’s simple to make and contains just three ingredients.
Let’s get into the ingredients for the smoothie
Soy yoghurt– It is 100% plant based and rich in protein. Which makes it dairy free and vegan. You can substitute the soy yoghurt for other plant based ones like almond. Greek yoghurt is another great alternative.
Blueberries– These sweet superfoods are nutritious, packed full of antioxidants and low in calories. They are high in potassium and vitamin C. Blueberries are great when added to pancakes, muffins or eaten on their own.
Mangoes – This nutritionally rich fruit has a lovely fragrance and taste. It is low in calories but full of nutrients, particularly vitamin C.
These two fruits are sweet enough that you do not require a sweetener, however you can add some honey, maple syrup or stevia if required.
How to make the Mango Blueberry Soy Smoothie
Start off with the blueberry and soy yogurt base. Blitz together in a blender and pour into a tall glass. Rinse out the blender, then blitz together mango chunks and yogurt. Pour over the blueberry smoothie.
For more smoothie recipe, please check out these out:
Mango Blueberry Soy Smoothie
- 100 grams (¾ cup) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 80 grams (½ cup) chopped mango, fresh or frozen
- 240 ml (1 cup) soy yogurt, divided use
- Combine blueberries and 120 ml (1/2 cup) soy yogurt in a blender and process in the until smooth. Pour into a glass.
- Combine mangoes and remaining soy yogurt in a blender and process in the until smooth. Pour mango mixture over blueberry mixture.