Moist Vanilla Cupcake with an oreo cookie base and piped with White Chocolate Buttercream . This is perfection in a cupcake, an absolute delight.
Inspiration can literally come from anywhere, could be from a pair of shoes, music, from family. This came from my little cousin after she asked for an Oreo cupcake recipe. She loves oreo cookies and i love them as well. So i didn’t think twice about making these oreo cupcakes. The cupcakes are soft and moist with an oreo cookie base. To compliment this yummy vanilla oreo cupcake is white chocolate buttercream swirls. I have shared a video showing how to pipe them.
I used a large 1M open star to pipe the buttercream swirls on the cupcake. When piping buttercream swirls i start on the outside of the cupcake, gently squeezing the piping bag and allowing the buttercream to fall onto the cupcake. Keep piping round the cupcake , keeping the tip of the nozzle raised slightly above the cupcake. As you pipe make the circles smaller till you get to the centre of the cupcake.
If you love cupcakes and cookies, then you are in for a treat with this .
Wishing everyone a Happy Easter.
Vanilla Oreo Cupcake
Vanilla Oreo Cupcakes
- 265 grams (1⅓ cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 120 grams (½ cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 egg whites (90 grams) , room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 270 grams (2¼ cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 24 Oreo cookies
White Chocolate Buttercream
- 125 grams (½ cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 95 grams (½ cup) vegetable shortening
- 500 grams (5 cups) icing sugar
- 150 grams (5.3 ounces) white chocolate
- 60 ml (¼ cup) whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Place one ore cookie in each liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In the bowl of the mixer cream butter and sugar about 5 minutes. Beat in egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed starting and finishing with flour , add half of the flour mixture followed by milk. Mix until just combined then add the rest of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20- 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing from the tin and transferring to cooling rack
White Chocolate Buttercream
- Melt white chocolate in microwave at 30 second bursts until melted.
- n bowl of mixer cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate to mixture.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and then slowly add in the icing sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in vanilla extract and whipping cream and beat until fluffy.Frost cupcakes and top with remaining Oreo cookies
Leave a Reply