No churn creamy vanilla ice cream with little chunks of mars chocolate. Just the perfect ice cream to serve at a children’s party.
It was my daughter Esme’s birthday 8th birthday a couple of weeks ago and we threw a little cake cutting party for her. This year we wanted something small and less tiring. The tiring bit was wishful thinking on my part. Originally I was going to serve store bought ice cream at the party, then I thought why not make no churn ice cream, with little chunks of mars bars. If you have never made no churn ice cream, you are in for a treat. There is so much to love about this ice cream!! It is easy , fuss free and the best part is, no fancy gadget needed.
The ice cream starts off with the magic ingredient, condensed milk. To which vanilla extract is mixed in. Fold in whipped cream and then little chunks of mars bars. Pour into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze for 5 hours or until ready to serve.
Before I go, I thought I would share a picture of the birthday girl.
Birthday Girl Esme!!!
No Churn Mars Ice Cream
- 395 grams can condensed milk
- 600 ml ( 2 ½ cups + 1 teaspoon) double cream
- 10 fun size mars bars, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl add condensed milk and vanilla extract and set aside.
- Put cream in the bowl of stand mixer and beat with an electric whisk on high power until thick and quite stiff. The consistency of clotted cream.
- Gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture until smooth.
- Add chopped mars bars and gently fold to evenly distribute.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container with a lid or a loaf tin (covered with plastic wrap).
- Freeze for at least 5 hours or until solid.