This desert is decadent, silky, sexy and also super easy to make.
No egg separating, no oven turned on. And it contains two of my favourite things Irish Cream and Chocolate. This will make a really yummy dessert for St. Patrick’s Day.
OMG!!! The little taste i had of the chocolate , Irish cream and cream was fantastic.
For a minute i actually considered pouring it all into a glass popping in a straw and drinking it.
Please don’t judge me.
some icing sugar, cream and more baileys as a topping. Now it’s complete.
Let’s raise our ramekins!!!
Dark Chocolate Irish Cream Infused Mousse
For this recipe you will need 3 ramekins (approximately 9cm by 5.7cm/3.5in by 2.2in)
Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
125grams dark chocolate (60% cacao) chopped
300ml whipping cream, divided use
1 tablespoon gelatin powder
1 tablespoon cold water
90ml Irish cream , divided use
3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Place chopped chocolate and 120ml of cream in a microwavable bowl and microwave at 30 second bursts stirring in between until chocolate has melted. Stir in 60ml of Irish cream into mixture until smooth and glossy.
- Let chocolate cool to room temperature , stirring occasionally. Whilst chocolate mixture cools, whisk together gelatine and water in a small bowl and allow gelatin to bloom. When the chocolate is at room temperature microwave bowl of gelatin for 15 seconds until melted. Whisk gelatin into chocolate mixture.
- In the bowl of stand mixture (or using a hand mixer) whip up 120ml of cream until it just holds stiff peaks
- Fold the whipped cream in the chocolate mixture gently but thoroughly. Transfer to ramekins and refrigerate mousse and let it set for about an hour.
- Whip together 60ml cream, 30ml Irish cream and icing sugar until it just holds stiff peaks. Pipe onto mousse.