This Spicy Banana Cake is low in calories yet moist and packed with lots of flavour.
So this January i have been on a healthy eating journey and doing a 30 day ab challenge. Trust me it has been hard work, so i felt i needed to reward myself with a yummy cake.
Spicy Banana Cake
- 200g light brown muscavado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g peeled bananas mashed
- 280 g plain wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 140 ml sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 c (325 F) Gas 3. Prepare a 22 x 13 cm loaf tin by greasing with sunflower and dusting with flour and tap out any excess.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric mixer) put eggs and sugar and beat until well incorporated. Beat in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon to the sugar mixture. Mix until dry ingredients have incorporated into egg mixture. Pour in sunflower oil and beat until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour into prepared tin and smooth over with a palette knife or tap tin gentle until mixture settles evenly.
- Bake for about an hour( could be approximate or can vary) or until firm to touch and a tooth pick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool cake slightly in tin on wire cooling rack then gently turn out onto wire cooling rack until completely cool.