This rich and creamy strawberry cheesecake baked in a jar makes a great picnic dessert.
Cakes in jars are beautiful. My Cakes & Desserts In Jars board on Pinterest is an indication of my love for them. So collecting jars is my new hobby. The plan is to get as many jars as i possibly have storage. Apparently i am going through mid life crisis, well so i have been told because of my obsession with jars.
The sun is out today and getting me all excited of the summer to come and i am craving cheesecake. I am reminiscing about the last picnic in the park which was about 3 years ago. It was in Battersea park. Went for a walk in their lovely botanical garden, fed the ducks. Esme lot her bangles in the pond throwing bread at the ducks and wanted me to go for a swim to rescue it. Lol!!! There will be a picnic organised this summer and i know for sure i will be making a dessert in a jar My collection is going to come in handy. But I am not waiting for summer to satisfy my craving for strawberry cheesecake. No time like now!!!
Strawberry Cheesecake In a Jar
Yield: 5 jars (0.25l jar)
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C .
- In bowl of mixer (or using hand mixer) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, slowly beat in sugar. Add salt. Scrape the sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in eggs , one at a time until incorporated . Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour the filling into each jar. Tap the base of jars on worktop to get the air bubbles out of filling.
- Place jars in a roasting tin and carefully pour boiling water into the pan , avoiding getting water into cheesecake jars.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until firm yet centre of cheesecake is still a little wet.
- Remove from oven, from water and place on a wire rack to cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and stir to coat all berries with sugar.
- Cook strawberries over high heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest
- Mix water and cornstarch in bowl until combined. Add mixture a little at a time whisking frequently until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let sauce coll to room temperature. Chill in fridge